1. Familiarize parents with Parent to Parent of New York State so that they feel confident in being a volunteer representative of the organization and fully understand the role and commitment of the Support Parent.
2. Provide time for parents to reflect on their own experiences as parents and, in group trainings, share experiences with other parents so that the newly recruited Support Parents can
3. Develop communication and listening skills to help Support Parents use and share their personal experiences in effective way.
4. Share a solid foundation of information about available community resources.
5. Address the issue of Care for the Caregiver.