Parent To Parent of NYS


Who can be a volunteer Support Parent?

If you are the parent or primary caregiver of an individual with developmental or intellectual disability or special health care needs and reside in New York State, you can become a Support Parent. Before supporting another parent, Support Parents must complete our training program either by attending a group training in the community, participating in a training webinar, completing our online training course, reading/viewing material distributed by mail or, when necessary, by special arrangements made with your regional coordinator.